JOB TITLE: Wheelchair Basketball Coach
HOURS: 5-10 hours per week (including evenings/weekends)
RATE: £10-15/hr (depending on experience)
LOCATION: London Borough of Richmond-upon-Thames, London, UK
Richmond Knights Basketball Club requires enthusiastic and dynamic individuals to progress our rapidly expanding basketball development programme.
CRITERIA FOR COACHING SESSIONS
- Plan and deliver wheelchair basketball sessions across a wide variety of ages and abilities.
- Develop training sessions in partnership with the local schools, council, college and university.
- Experience of Inclusive-Zone Basketball
- Communicate the activities of the club across a variety of formats, including social media]
- Act as a role model and mentor to the young people in the club.
- Trained to a minimum of Level 2 Coach standard, with experience of coaching all abilities
- In-depth knowledge of wheelchair basketball coaching including fundamental skills, team-play, game-time tactics and the classification system
- 1st Aid at Work qualification.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about helping individuals reach their potential.
- Ability to communicate effectively across many levels through a variety of formats.
- Pro-active and self-motivated to work to a high standard using your own initiative and to manage your own workload effectively.
- Must have own vehicle, equipment and insurance
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children certificate.
- Referee and Table Official qualifications
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a DBS check before starting work and will be expected to adhere to the clubs Safeguarding and Child Protection policies.
To apply, please submit a CV and letter of intent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 24th February at 12noon. Interviews will be held w/c 29th February with the role commencing at the start of April. Richmond Knights reserves the right to change and amend this job description/person specification in accordance with the changing requirements of the organisation.