We understand these are confusing times for all of us. Knights want to ensure we continue our service to our members while following the guidelines of the organisations and authorities under which we operate.
With the social distancing measures now in place Knights are suspending all Open Sessions and Performance Clinics from Tuesday 17th March until further notice. As always, Knights will endeavour to provide replacement sessions either as direct catch-up sessions next term or alternative options such as holiday camps or other events. There will be plenty of opportunities for our members. In the meantime, stay healthy and stay active!
Knights continue to follow the instruction of our National Governing Body, Basketball England, to suspend all affiliated basketball activity from 9am on Saturday 14th March for a two-week period. Therefore, there will be no Knights TEAM TRAINING or FIXTURES during this time.
In order to maintain consistency and support for the many schools we operate in and the instructions of local & national government, we will continue all school sessions unless notified by the school so please monitor communication. We are operating these under the additional hygiene measures that we already have in place (outlined below).
We will continue to monitor the situation and will keep members updated with any changes.
Public Health England Guidelines
- Continue to promote good hand and respiratory hygiene:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
2: Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
Coaches, staff members and volunteers will also not attend sessions if they show symptoms.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you’re staying at home.
We ask members to notify the club immediately if they have coronavirus symptoms and/or are self-isolating so that we can discuss this with you and take appropriate action. This information will, of course, be kept in the strictest confidence.
In addition to this advice from PHE, Knights are following these measures:
- Players and coaches will be asked to wash hands before and after each session.
- Equipment will be washed with antibacterial wipes/spray on a regular basis.
- Use of bibs in school and open sessions will be kept to a minimum. Players are asked to bring their own light and dark top to their school or open session. Team members must wear their training jersey or playing jersey to each practice.
- Basketball is a close contact game where eliminating player-to-player contact is impossible. However, we will limit unnecessary contact by refraining from and/or adapting interaction such as high-five’s, handshakes, team shouts.
- Players are asked to bring their own water bottles and to keep these to themselves for the duration of the session.