ON THE COURT
- GIVE MAXIMUM EFFORT AT ALL TIMES – An opponent may be able to beat you for skill but should never beat you for effort!
- ENCOURAGE YOUR TEAM MATES BUT DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO GET AWAY WITH POOR PLAY – Be positive at all times but when a player is making a bad decision or a bad play then let them know and suggest what they need to do to improve.
- NEVER LEAVE THE BENCH UNLESS INSTRUCTED BY THE COACH – Have your kit/drink ready behind bench. Go to the toilet before the game!
- ONLY DRINK WATER/SPORTS DRINKS BEFORE & DURING THE GAME – No fizzy drinks or food!
- CONCENTRATE ON THE GAME WHEN ON THE BENCH – This is your chance to learn about the other team and prepare yourself for when you go on.
- NEVER BEG THE COACH TO GO ON – The coach will put you on when he/she feels it is the right time.
- ALWAYS BE AWARE OF THE SCORE & THE GAME CLOCK – this will influence how we play and manage the game
- FOCUS ON YOUR OWN GAME AND YOUR OWN TEAM – Put your energy in to the aspects of the game that you can influence and do not worry about the aspects that you cannot influence. i.e. officials, spectators
- PUT ALL YOUR ENERGY IN TO PLAYING AND CHEERING FOR YOUR TEAM – Never boo, jeer, trash talk, put off or argue with the other team
- THE WAY WE PLAY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WINNING OR LOSING – If we are doing our best then the winning should take care of itself
- NEVER ARGUE WITH THE OFFICIALS
- ALWAYS SHAKE HANDS WITH EVERY PLAYER AND OFFICIAL AT THE END OF EACH GAME
- OUR TRAINING SESSIONS SHOULD BE TOUGHER THAN OUR GAMES – we need to push each other so hard in training that we find games easier!
OFF THE COURT
- BE WELL PREPARED FOR ALL TRAINING SESSIONS AND GAMES – be well rested, ensure you consume the correct food/drink prior to and during a session/game, bring the correct kit, know the time/place, organise transport if necessary.
- NOTIFY YOUR COACH OF YOUR AVAILABILITY FOR GAMES – You have the schedule! We ask that playing Knights games takes priority over training for other sports. If you have a clash with another game, it’s your decision.
- NOTIFY YOUR COACH IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND TRAINING – give at least 24hrs notice
- MANAGE YOUR PRIORITIES IN THIS ORDER
AND FINALLY, REMEMBER YOU REPRESENT RICHMOND KNIGHTS EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT WEARING THE UNIFORM. THE WAY YOU CARRY YOURSELF AND TREAT OTHERS IN ALL OTHER ASPECTS OF YOUR LIFE WILL REFLECT ON THE CLUB. BE AN AMBASSADOR WE CAN BE PROUD OF!
- Be a good example by recognising good play and the efforts of all (players, coaches and officials).
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Cheer and support your team as much as you can, but never boo, jeer or show negative behavior towards another team.
- Accept the referee’s calls and judgments. No spectator should challenge or argue with the referee.
- Promote the positive aspects of sport and encourage good sportsmanship at all times.
- If you are using any sort of camera or recording device (even a mobile phone!) you must give your Name and Address to the event organisers.
- Remember we are guests in the facilities we use – treat all equipment with respect and report anyone who is not doing so to a Richmond Knights staff member.